Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Poison Ivy


While I love cascading ivy in small doses, I truly hate wrangling with ivy that decides to take over my garden. Granted it’s a great workout to play tug of war with this invasive vine, but it can be quite time consuming.  On a visit last year, my godmother pointed out that the ivy wrapping around my tree could ultimately kill it.  A thought Mr. Diva had been long harboring.   Over a few weeks time, I set to work trying to kill it.  I kept cutting at the roots until the tree went from ivy wrangled  to nearly ivy free.  A year later, the ivy is gone, but the dead vines have taken awhile to fall off.  The tree is much happier and is already sprouting new growth!  Yay team Diva!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila