Monday, February 28, 2011

Mardis Gras Time



Lent starts exceptionally late this year, which means I have had lots of time to ponder King Cake!  Not that I need an excuse, but I like to whip up a shrimp and grits dinner in honor of this tasty confection.  You're welcome to try to find a quality cake in your neighborhood, but the folks down in the Delta get it right every time & are truly the best.  Paul's Pastry ships them overnight delivery in a festive box filled with cake, beads, coins and toppings.  You dress the cake when you are ready to serve.  I always leave the bag of almonds off and simply top with icing and sprinkles. (Note: I typically use the sliced almonds in a salad.  I just don't like them with my sweets!)



Fat Tuesday is the last official day in Mardis Gras, which means you have 8 more days to order your king or get invited to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila