Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sundays with Manning: Pet Agree



Manning is mostly a good a puppy, but he has his challenges: eating toilet paper, digging in my garden and jumping on new friends.  A few weeks ago I couldn't take it any more and decided to do some research.  I read Cesar's book, but it said pretty much what I already knew.  Our dog needs at least 1 1-hour walk per day.  Well in these temps that's just not going to happen.  So I kept checking out other options on Amazon, a truly great resource/time waster.  After just a little bit of searching, I found the Pet Agree Ultrasonic Trainer.  It's reasonably priced and wouldn't interfere with the Invisible Fence.

 
You simply press the button for 1-2 seconds and it emits a high pitch noise that dogs hate.  Over the last few weeks, I've had lots of workers around the house and Manning has mostly resisted the temptation to jump on them. Huge accomplishment!  He's still tempted to eat TP on a day where he doesn't get enough attention, but Manning's Charmin appetite seems to have diminished ever so slightly.  Now I just need to curtail the digging and I'll be a pseudo happy dog owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila