Thursday, March 3, 2011

DIY: Diva Style


I've gotten tired of my dining room centerpiece and have been on the prowl for an update.  I've had my eye on this project for awhile as a possible replacement.  I hit up Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx and Michaels in search of a pot that fit my color scheme and style, but came up empty.  After a few inspirational posts about thrift store finds, I decided to check out a few local stores myself.  I always forget that you can turn a cheapo find into a treasure with a little wisp of spray paint.  As luck would have it, I found 2 pots at Goodwill.  Big win! 


With the pots acquired, I could finally pick up all the items: 6" floral dome (2) and faux boxwood stems (4). I already had the black spray paint leftover from another project.  Be sure to get green floral foam and not white Styrofoam.  As you'll see below, it's nice to have a background that blends with the foliage.  

Though very popular in most current home design, I'm not one for a lot of white, so I decided these guys could use a new color. I did 2 quick coats of spray paint and then set to work on the boxwood.  For each 6" dome, it took nearly 2 stems of the faux boxwood to create a full look. 


The Mardis Gras blooms are still sitting pretty on my dining room table, so I opted for alternate placement of my new topiary displays. 



Now that they have found a new home, I'm not sure I'll move them.  I like them right where they are.  I might just have to find another project for my table centerpiece. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila