Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday's with Little Miss Diva

From Amazon

There are a lot of baby food cookbooks out there.  I was told that Super Baby Food was the golden standard for starting out with pureed foods; however, I found it entirely too long.  I'm easily distracted even when talking about food!  Thankfully, a fabulous friend sent me Baby Love by Norah O'Donnell and Chef Geoff.  They've done a great job of giving you tasty recipes without overwhelming you with too many options.  The 'basic purees' are super easy to make and usually only have 2-3 ingredients.  It's nice to know Little Miss Diva is eating just the basics without any unneeded add-ins.  Most recipes took me about 7-8 minutes to make and saved me a good chunk of change.  For an example, you can buy a bag of peas for $1, which will make about 15-20 servings.  A jar of pureed peas can be anywhere from $.90-$2.00, so it's seriously a great savings without a ton of work.  Little Miss Diva loves all the basic fruit & veggies purees and the delicious meatballs.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I have that super food book and felt the same way. my own little is about to start solids so I have been doing my research. I am getting this book, love Chef Geoff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila