Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chinese Take Out at Home

Mr. Diva and I had searched high and low for quality Chinese food delivery, but came up empty handed. So of course I went in search of a good a way to craft a quality staple dish, but found that most recipes were either a little runny or just lacked any zing. Lucky for me, I found the start to the recipe on allrecipes.com and then tweaked it to fit our taste. I hope you guys enjoy it!


Classic Chicken and Broccoli


Ingredients

12 oz boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces

3 T oyster or hoisin sauce

6 T soy sauce

3 T vegetable oil

2-4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 large onion, diced

½ c water

1 t ground black pepper

1 t white sugar

1 small head of broccoli, chopped

¼-1/2 red pepper chopped

Mushrooms, chopped

1 T cornstarch mixed with equal parts water

Sriracha to taste


Directions

In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 T oyster sauce and 4 T soy sauce. (I like to add a little Sriracha sauce at this point). Set aside for 15 minutes. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and marinade, then stir fry until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in water, pepper, sugar, 1 T oyster sauce, 2 T soy sauce. . Add broccoli, red pepper and mushrooms. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Pour in cornstarch mixture, and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.


Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. I liked this so much when you cooked it for me a couple of weeks ago, that I made it for us tonight! Fantastic! I added water chestnuts and a can of stir fry corn. And I used half each of a red and yellow pepper...so pretty and very, very tasty! I didn't use enough Sriracha, but that way we were able to add more to taste to our bowls. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila