Monday, June 6, 2011

Strawberry Fever!

We ran through the fresh picked strawberries pretty quickly.  These are just your typical store bought variety with a little lemon palm garnish.

A few weeks ago berry fever hit Casa Diva!  Thanks to my crazy picking sister, we were blessed with a large batch of fresh juicy strawberries.  Mr. Diva has been on the hunt for some good whole fruit popsicles, and since most of my recipes are the mother of necessity, I went to work.  The first batch was too tart due to small doses of sugar and out of season berries.  The 2nd attempt was far better and still oh so easy.

To start, I hulled about 1 ½ cups of strawberries, pureed and then added in a couple tablespoons of sugar. 

Pureed berries


Next, I sliced up about ½ cups of strawberries because a whole fruit pop isn’t complete without some chunks!  Finally, I poured the mixture in my newly acquired molds, plopped in a few slices of strawberries and froze. 

Strawberry pop ready to go.  Run these molds under hot water for a few seconds to loosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila