Friday, June 25, 2010

Demolition Diva Part 2

This installment of Non-Stop Diva is picture free as some of the images were just to scary to share.

As I mentioned earlier, I took a tile class at Home Depot a few months ago. I went in thinking I can handle tile, but I left scared enough to just hire a professional. Oh how time plays tricks with the mind! I was most uncertain about installing a sub-floor. Before the class, silly me thought I could just rip up some carpet and throw some tile down. Oh how I wish that were true!

Well as you saw, the carpet is up and I have no choice but to move on. Last night, I laid out the backer board and cut the outer pieces to size. It was a pain in the ass, but nothing compared to what lay ahead for me today...duh duh dummmmm...mortar, nails and concrete. As the mortar first went down, I really started to hate this project. I was seriously on the verge of calling in re-enforcements, but I pushed on. The boards are down and seaming tape in place; however, I still need to secure the boards to the concrete below with screws or nails. Neither of which wants to go down without a big fight. Since it seems like a power nailer or hammer is a necessity, I've thrown in the tile on Tiling Stage 2 and called in the professionals. They're coming in Tuesday to secure the boards and lay the tile (hey if they're coming all this way...why not!) Then, I'll swoop in for grout and sealing. The clean freak in me is SO ready for this project to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila