Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Salad ala Chipotle


It should come as no surprise to anyone that's seen my 2009 Christmas card or read previous posts that I'm a fan of Chipotle. Nearly a year ago, they introduced their salad with the delicious Chipotle Honey vinaigrette. I immediately feel in love with the heat. It took me a few months to realize (I blame the move) that I could be making this at home. I took to the ever helpful net and found a few options. As always, I married the recipes and came up with my own version. For last week's Julia dinner, I paired it with a red & green leaf lettuce mixture accompanied with feta and granny smith apples. The spice and tart were a great pair!

Spicy Vinaigrette
1/3 c Red Wine Vinegar
1/3 c honey
1 1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 t lime juice
1/2 t paprika
3/4 t pepper
3/4 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t dried oregano
1/2 c EVOO

In a blender, combine all ingredients, slowly drizzling the oil at the end. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila