Monday, August 10, 2009

Ice Cream Crumbles




A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of spending several mostly sunny filled days on Kentucky Lake. I’m a girl who loves the water and all things that come with it…mainly day drinking, so I was very chipper! While there, we ate some tasty treats…homemade adult slushies, cornbread salsa, stuffed sandwiches and the most tasty summer ice cream dessert. There’s just something about eating delicious treats after a day of sun-filled fun. Of course, I went right to work trying to recreate some of the immediate favs, certain that they would be binder worthy. My first attempt was affectionately known as Crumbles to the lake crew. I did a little internet sleuthing and came up with my own version. The recipe is very straight forward and quite tasty. If you feel saucy like me, I did one side caramel and the other strawberry (for Mr. Diva). Of course, you could do a combo of chocolate, butterscotch, or whatever your favorite might be. Good luck picking and happy eating!

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup butter, melted
2 jars ice cream topping (pick your favorite: caramel, chocolate or strawberry)
2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
Mix sugar, nuts, butter, flour and oatmeal together. Pat onto cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes (lightly browned). Crumble 1/2 while still warm into 9 x 13 inch pan. Drizzle 1 jar of caramel over; spread vanilla ice cream and drizzle the other jar of caramel on top. Crumble remaining crumb mixture on top and freeze. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila