Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Reading



When I was little, there was nothing better than completing the library's summer reading list (Okay yes, I was a tad bit dorky back in the day AND yes, even back then I was obsessed with finishing my lists!) As I grew up, I got those awful required summer reading lists. One such summer I did a quick speed read on Tess of the d'Urbervilles. Big mistake, I missed the whole part where she got knocked up! Opps! Thankfully, I've since figured out how to speed read much better...thanks Uncle D!

Now that I get to pick me poison again, I love a little mix of chick lit and thriller. There's nothing better than sitting poolside, beach side, or just about anywhere soaking up some rays and losing myself in the frivolity of a good book. Since I've polished off the Twilight series (damn you imprinting!), I had to go on a hunt. Here's what is on my short list for the summer:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: This one has been on my list for quite awhile. I'm slowly but surely working my way to #1 at the library!

The 8th Confession
: This series is my absolute favorite from James Patterson, especially after Alex Cross started to freak me out!

Not Becoming My Mother
: I love everything by Ruth Reichl. If you've never tried her stuff, start with Garlic and Sapphires. She's soo fab and each chapter ends with a delicious recipe! That's where I found the ever fabulous Channing Way Shrimp Curry.

The Lost Symbol
: Okay it's not coming out until September, but man oh man I'm as excited to read this book as I am to see the next Harry Potter movie!

Got anything I'm missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila