Friday, March 6, 2009

South of the Border Drinking

The Mezcal tasting was very delicious. How's it different from tequila? The actual process of making mezcal is very different. They smoke the agave plant for 3-5 days in a cone shape hole in the earth, so the end results is very roasty fabulous. We sampled 7 from Del Maguey Mezcal and I was surprised to find 4 that I would drink on a regular bases. The big winner of the night was the Crema de Mezcal. All of these are available behind the bar at Oyamel or at a few select local vendors. Go out and try a glass or even a bottle...perhaps you'll dazzle your friends with your vast liqour expertise!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I hadn't missed it! I'll definitely have to try some myself, now that you're abandoning me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila