Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lemony Balm: A Series with Questionable Results


Freshly planted herbs!
As you might have noticed, I have a huge mess of lemon balm in my herb garden.  

Lemon Balm


I’ve made it a summer goal to use it more often.  First up, I made a simple lemon cheesecake and chopped up the lemon balm to give it a little zing. Sadly, I’ve learned that while this herb smells oh so good it doesn’t pack a huge flavor punch.  Even worse, Mr. Diva thought I was trying to sneak in a veggie to his sweets.  First mission: Fail!  




Since I needed to trim back this ever plentiful perennial anyway, I plopped a bunch into a mission jar adorned with a raffia bow.  Viola an instant flower arrangement without touching the wallet!  2nd mission: Success 

If you have any other lemon balm uses, be sure to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila