Monday, October 12, 2009

Bread Baker's Challenge: Recipe 3

As many of you know, I'm a big time fan of cream cheese and anything that goes with it. It should come as no surprise that I heart bagels. My all time favorite is the Asiago Cheese at Panera. I just love the cheesy goodness slathered with loads of cream cheese. Well this week's bread challenge recipe didn't disappoint. The challenge was to make a plain white bagel, but I veered slightly off course with cinnamon raisin bagels. I'm a big fan of using golden raisins in lieu of the brown shrunken kind. They just plump up better and plump they did with this recipe. These holes of bread genius were great plain or with cream cheese. Next time, I'm going to try and get the exterior a little more crisp, but other than that they were a hit! I've also found an alternative recipe: Jalapeno Cheddar, so watch for that update. Up next: Brioche!

Side note: Mr. Diva was off with the camera, so sadly, you'll just have to take my word that these looked and tasted delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila